Wholewheat Pancakes, served with sweet and sour berry compote and nutty toasted pecans with a maple glaze
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cooking spray
- Add all your dry ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. Sieve flour to avoid lumps but not 100% necessary!
- Pour out your milk into a measuring jug. Crack your two eggs into milk and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla to egg and milk mixture.
- Little by little pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, ensuring that you are whisking the entire time to avoid a lumpy batter.
- I find that the pancake mixture is best left four an hour or so to rest in the fridge, it proves to make a more moist pancake.
- Heat your frying pan on medium heat, I like to use a ladle to pour out mixture.
- If you have cookie cutters i used these in the pan to create the shapes, simply just spray the cookie cutter with a little cooking spray and place it on pan. Pour enough better just to fill the surface of the cookie cutter.
- When the centre of the pancake is no longer 'wet', gentle tease away the pancake from the side of the cookie cutter ( it should come away easily) and flip!
- These pancakes are also delicious served with my favourite Nutella, or with lemon juice and sugar.