DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE & PALEO
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Firstly, have the steak at room temperature before searing or pan frying. This allows you to control the cooking process.
- Do not oil the pan oil the steak. Rub rape seed oil or olive oil over the steaks with your seasonings. Leave the steak to marinate in the oil for at least 5-10 minutes before placing on the pan.
- Have the pan smoking hot, literally. Get the pan as hot as you can before placing the steaks on it.
- A minute a side. Lay the steaks down away from you in the pan. Cook for 60 seconds each side, this ensures that the steaks are cooked evenly on both sides. Keep rotating for as long as you want depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- Leave to rest for the same amount of time as you cooked the steaks. Leave the juices to settle in the steaks, this is just as important as the cooking process and is vital if you want a juicy tender steak. Cover with tin foil keep in the heat while resting.