"By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgment. You are beautiful!"
-- Steve Maraboli
The sweet dried cranberries bring a lovely sweetness and chewy bite to this salad, I would highly recommend putting them in, but if you did not have dried cranberries you can substitute them with either raisins or sliced apricots.
- 1 Breast of chicken
- Spinach leaves
- 2 or 3 Spring onions
- Handful of tomatoes
- Handful of green beans
- 3 or 4 Mini sweet peppers
- Handful of dried cranberries
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Lime - zest & juice
- Thumb size piece of ginger
- 3 tsp of Honey
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Slice chicken breast into slim pieces.
- Prepare vegetables, I prefer to slice everything at an angle as there is more surface area to absorb flavors and of course it looks prettier!
- Put your sliced chicken in a dry frying pan. Zest lime directly onto chicken while in the pan.
- Grate piece of ginger in the same way.
- Add the chopped mini sweet peppers and green beans.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime in to pan and toss everything together.
- Season the chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked (this should take about 10 minutes) add soy sauce and honey into pan. After a few minutes this should turn into a condensed sticky paste that should coat the vegetables and chicken lightly.
- Pour the vegetables and chicken on top of your salad leaves.
- There will be sticky residue of the soy and lime mixture left in the pan, on a gentle heat quickly toast the pumpkin seeds in this pan and sprinkle over the salad.
For the salad
- Wash spinach and place on large plate.
- Sprinkle over spring onions, tomatoes and dried cranberries.
For the dressing, I find it easier to make in a shakeable jar so it is easy to mix everything.
- Squeeze the juice of a lime into the jar. This is the amount of liquid that you base your quantities on.
- Add enough olive oil so that you have 1 part lime juice to 3 parts olive oil.
- Drizzle in a bit of honey to sweeten.
- Season heavily with salt and pepper.
- When all the components are on the plate, drizzle over the lime dressing.